Henderson District Public Libraries
Board of Trustees
Date: May 21, 2020
Time: 7:45 a.m.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be no in-person attendance at this time.
Attendance will be by videoconference ONLY.
You can register to attend the meeting through Zoom at
Notice is given that items on the agenda may be taken out of order. Two or more agenda items may be combined for consideration; items may be removed from the agenda or discussion delayed relating to an item on the agenda at any time. Public comment will be taken on each item as it is heard. There will be a 3 minute per person time limit during the public comment portion of the meeting.
Call to Order
Approval of Agenda
May 21, 2020
These items are not expected to be controversial and will be considered together and approved in a single motion. Any person desiring to remove an item for separate consideration should so request before approval of the agenda. Items pulled from the Consent Agenda will be considered separately. All other consent items will be approved as one item.
CA-1 Approval of Minutes
March 19, 2020
CA-2 Review of Paid Invoices
March and April 2020
Possible Board discussion of the Director’s report or various staff reports highlighting various administrative and staff activities since the last meeting
Introduction – Carla Mason, Manager, Green Valley Library
Flooring at Paseo Verde Library
Update on Coffee Press operations
Update on Assistant Director position
Open public hearing
- Discussion and possible Board action regarding approval of the 2020-2021 (FY 21) final budget
[FY21 Final Construction Budget]
[FY21 Final Contribution Fund Budget]
[FY21 Final General Budget]
[FY21 Final State Forms with narrative]
Close public hearing
- Discussion and possible board action regarding Henderson Libraries’ Reopening Plans
[Henderson Libraries’ Reopening Plans]
- Discussion and possible board action regarding nominations of board officers (election to take place at June meeting)
- Discussion and possible board action regarding Executive Director’s evaluation due June 26, 2020
- Discussion and possible board action regarding approval of Personnel Policy 105.9 Temporary Telecommuting Policy
- Discussion and possible board action regarding approval of Personnel Policy 111.0 Paid Time Off Policy
- Discussion and possible board action regarding approval of changes to Personnel Policy 111.5 Leave Under the Family and Medical Leave Act Policy
- Discussion and possible board action regarding approval of changes to Personnel Policy 111.8 Other Leaves of Absence Policies
The next Board meeting will be June 18, 2020, at the Paseo Verde Library, 280 S. Green Valley Parkway, Henderson, Nevada.
Note: Pursuant to Nevada’s Open Meeting Law, action may not be taken on matters presented during this period until included on a future agenda as an action item.
Pursuant to NRS 241.020, written notice of the meeting of Henderson District Public Libraries’ Board of Trustees was posted by May 18, 2020.
For details of the agenda, or to leave public comment before the meeting, please call the administrative offices at 702-207-4298.
Posted at hendersonlibraries.com and the State of Nevada Public Notice Website pursuant to Nevada Emergency Directive 006 which modifies the rules for open meeting law, extended through May 30, 2020 under Directive 018, Section 23.