Henderson Libraries Teen Writing Contest
Our 11th annual Teen Writing Contest runs December 1, 2019 through February 29, 2020.
- Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible for this contest.
- Works of poetry, short stories, or essays will be accepted for consideration.
- Submissions in the short story or essay categories must be a minimum of 50 words.
- All works cannot exceed 2,000 words.
- Only 1 entry per person in the provided category of their choice is allowed.
- School assignments will not be accepted.
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- Participants must be a resident of Clark County.
- All entries must be cut and pasted into the Submission Field – GoogleDoc links will not be accepted.
- Entries will be assessed by library staff prior to being submitted to the judges for scoring. Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, culturally inaccurate, or possess negative stereotypical characterization will be disqualified.
Winners will be announced at a reception featuring special guest author Zoraida Córdova on Monday, April 20, 2020 at the Green Valley Library from 6 to 7:30 pm. If you have any questions, please contact Christina at (702) 207-4260.