Our 15th annual Teen Writing Contest has ended. Thank you for submitting your work! Everyone who entered will be invited to a private in-person reception this spring featuring a special guest author. We'll announce the winners that evening.
- Submission dates: December 1, 2023 to February 29, 2024.
- Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible for this contest.
- Works of poetry, short stories, or essays will be accepted for consideration.
- Submissions in the short story or essay categories must be a minimum of 50 words.
- All works cannot exceed 2,000 words.
- Only 1 entry per person in the provided category of their choice is allowed.
- School assignments will not be accepted.
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- Participants must be a resident of Clark County, Nevada.
- All entries must be cut and pasted into the Submission Field – GoogleDoc links will not be accepted.
- Entries will be assessed by library staff prior to being submitted to the judges for scoring. Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, culturally inaccurate, or possess negative stereotypical characterization will be disqualified.
We are planning to announce the winners at a private in-person reception this spring featuring a special guest speaker.
If you have any questions, please contact Christina Terriquez.
READ LAST YEAR'S WINNING ENTRIES IN UNLOCKED VOICES, OUR ANNUAL DIGITAL MAGAZINE.