Henderson Libraries Teen Writing Contest
Our 12th annual Teen Writing Contest runs December 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021.
- Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible for this contest.
- Works of poetry, short stories, or essays will be accepted for consideration.
- Submissions in the short story or essay categories must be a minimum of 50 words.
- All works cannot exceed 2,000 words.
- Only 1 entry per person in the provided category of their choice is allowed.
- School assignments will not be accepted.
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- Participants must be a resident of Clark County.
- All entries must be cut and pasted into the Submission Field – GoogleDoc links will not be accepted.
- Entries will be assessed by library staff prior to being submitted to the judges for scoring. Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, culturally inaccurate, or possess negative stereotypical characterization will be disqualified.
Winners will be announced at a virtual reception featuring special guest author, Kenneth Oppel! Everyone who enters the contest will be invited to join.
If you have any questions, please contact Christina Terriquez.