Please read over our guidelines for program proposals. If you feel your program is a good fit for our libraries and beneficial to the community, you may fill out our Program Interest form. Our Programming Committee will review your form and will contact you if we would like to proceed.
Henderson Libraries strives to provide quality educational programming on areas of interest, including:
- Cultural demonstrations, workshops, performances, lectures, and hands-on crafts
- Digital Literacy
- Adult Educational Advancement (HSE and ESL)
- Health Literacy
- Humanities (arts and crafts, history, language, literature, film. etc.)
- Financial Literacy
- Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) workshops
- Small business and workforce development
Programming priorities are to align with the Henderson Libraries Strategic Plan initiatives for Cultural Connections, Learning for Leisure, and Learning for Career Achievement. We are currently not accepting interest forms for Youth/Teen programs.
If you are interested in presenting a program with Henderson Libraries, please review the following information and complete the Program Interest form.
Planning for library programs starts 3-5 months before the program will occur. Programming is planned in two-month cycle:
||Program Interest Form Due:
|January - February 2022
||September 1, 2021
| March - April 2022
||November 1, 2021
|May - June 2022
||January 1, 2022
|July - August 2022
||March 1, 2022
|September - October 2022
||June 1, 2022
|November - December 2022
||August 1, 2022
- Submit Program Interest form by the deadline.
- Wait to hear if Henderson Libraries is interested. (Not all potential presenters will be contacted.)
- If interested, meet with library programming staff to discuss details and possibly submit a Program Proposal.
- If the Program Proposal is accepted, the programming staff schedules programs and coordinates details with presenters.
- The program occurs and is evaluated.
- Provide programming that is open and free to all library patrons.
- Provide an unbiased and inclusive environment.
- Programs must provide a benefit to the public.
- Programs must contribute to the library's mission: Imagine possibilities, discover opportunities, connect with our community.
- No unauthorized sales of goods and services nor solicitation of business not related to Henderson Libraries.
- No product or political endorsements.
- No distribution of advertising or referrals.
- No alcoholic beverages.
PROGRAM MARKETING & MATERIALS
- Programs will be marketed in partnership with Henderson Libraries as the program sponsor and must include the Henderson Libraries logo.
- All marketing materials must meet Henderson Libraries' graphics standards.
- Any materials furnished by the presenter must be approved by library staff.
Violation of these or any other library regulations is grounds for program cancellation, denial of subsequent proposals, loss of library privileges, etc., as deemed appropriate by Henderson Libraries administration.