PROCTORING SERVICES WILL END SEPTEMBER 3, 2019.
The staff at Henderson Libraries will proctor your exam. Proctoring services are based on the availability of personnel, facilities, and technology to do so.
Please call ahead to make an appointment and read through the following guidelines.
A non-refundable fee of $25.00 will be charged per test per student, payable prior to taking the test.
The following guidelines will be followed:
- Tests will be scheduled during the proctor's regular work hours.
- Tests will be scheduled with the proctor a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Tests will be proctored only if there is no expense to the Library District.
- The student will allow sufficient time to take the examination before the deadline that has been established by the institution or association. Tests must be completed 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- Before taking the exam, the student will be required to present a picture I.D. and provide a copy, if required by the institution or association.
- Proctors will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but may check on the student periodically. The Library cannot provide a locked or secure place for the test, nor a quiet study room. Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as other rules set forth in the examination materials. The use of cell phones or visiting with others is prohibited. Any perceived violation of the posted rules for the exam will be reported to the educational institution as a measure of good faith.
- Tests offered in a computer format must be compatible with the hardware and software available on the Library workstations.
- Prior contact between the testing institution and the proctor is required so that credibility and testing requirements can be verified.
- Librarians cannot proctor exams that students bring in themselves, even if the exam is a sealed document. Exams or online logon information must be sent directly from the testing institution to the proctor.
- Librarians will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff member has been able to do.
The Henderson Libraries will not be responsible for any delayed tests, nor for any completed tests once they leave the Library's possession and have been mailed back to the educational institution or association.
- Librarians will strive to accommodate test proctoring needs. However, members of the library staff reserve the right to refuse to proctor an exam for any reason.
Responsibilities of the test taker:
- Contact the Adult Services Department at your library to make an appointment to meet the proctor and to complete the necessary paperwork your school requires.
- Your school may have specific requirements for proctoring. Check with your library to determine if they have the facilities, staffing, and technology necessary.
- Call prior to your test to make sure the test or login information has arrived and to schedule a time to take the test during your proctor's regular work hours.
- Provide necessary postage for mailing back the test to your school.