Do you have books, videos, compact discs, or tapes that you wish to donate to our library district? The staff appreciates your interest in helping to stretch our budget dollars and add to your community's resources. Here are some guidelines to help you when donating:
We can accept:
- Materials in good to excellent condition
- Bestsellers, both fiction and non-fiction
- Hardbacks, paperbacks and magazines
- Gently used DVDs, CDs, videos, audio tapes and records
We cannot accept:
- Soiled, torn, worn, moldy or damp materials
- Books on business, tax, law, real estate, computers, travel and health published over 3 years ago
- The library reserves the right to decide what to do with your donations. We may decide to: add them to the library's collection; put them in the Friends of the Library Book Sale; discard them; or donate them to another library or organization.
- The library requests that all donated materials come in a storage container. We will keep the container or box.
- The library cannot provide a call back or return unused donations.
- The library can give you a receipt for tax purposes, but cannot put a dollar amount on your donation.
- The library may occasionally be unable to accept donations because of limited storage space. It is always best to call ahead.
Book Donation Alternative
If the material you have to donate does not match the criteria for the Henderson Libraries, please consider the following alternative for giving.
Goodwill Industries - (702) 990-6095
Note: Accepts almost all books for resale in Goodwill stores. Call for drop off information.